A Brief History
"In the spring of 1861 Mr. Isaac Emerson suggested the idea of building a church edifice, and generously donated a suitable lot of land for that purpose. The idea met with instant approval. A committee was formed and in a day or two approximately $2000 was pledged to the project. The building was completed on June 28, 1862. On July 1, 1862, it was dedicated to the worship of God." (From 200th Anniversary, 1750 - 1950, Salem, N. H.)
The Food for the Hungry Pantry has been operating since 1985,
PSUMC completed the HOPE Center
to give it a modern home.